Features of the B2B sphere:
- The long process of agreement. As B2B is a particular type of customer, they do not decide to buy a product here and now. Direct sales work poorly, so it is essential to pay special attention to selecting tools and forming sales funnels to increase contact with the consumer.
- Low search demand for goods or services compared to the B2C niche and everyday goods. Search queries in search engines can be isolated, they do not fall into the database of keyword services and are easy to lose, and usually, it is very low-frequency traffic.
- Transactions are rarely made on the site. This is due to the high cost and complexity of the product and the fact that the decision-maker has additional responsibilities to the company. Therefore, it is much more productive when the seller's representative communicates with the buyer, answers questions, and discusses the contract terms. So, on the online platforms of B2B companies, it is better to allow filling out a feedback form, ordering a call, or writing write an email.
- High costs for the maintenance of the existing customers and attracting new ones. This may be because the seller operates in a highly competitive market and needs to make an effort to stand out among other companies. For example, catering for employees can be done by different companies, which quickly change when the quality deteriorates, or prices rise.
The second reason is that the product or service is most typically needed by buyers only once or twice. In this case, it is worth thinking about making existing customers not just "disappear" from the horizon but also giving recommendations to friends. For example, the services of a lawyer to resolve issues in court can be used a couple of times, and then recommended to other companies.
- You need to work on content. Customers looking for a product or service want to cover specific needs and are niche experts or are trying to understand this topic. And for the former, the content posted on the site will show the seller's expertise, and for the latter ─ to close the need for information.
What is the difference between B2B and B2C producers?
Step-by-step preparation for launching contextual advertising in B2B
Step 1. Research the market for its offerings
Analyze companies that have already entered the market in this segment, what types of advertising they use, what budgets they allocate, and what UTО or value they offer to their client in the ad offer.
You can use services such as https://www.spyfu.com/ (niche analysis in the US and the UK) or https://online.seranking.com/ (allows you to analyze in most countries).
Example of analysis of the presence of competitors in the advertising field:
Analysis of advertising traffic and costs of a particular client:
Step 2. Collect the semantics
Semantics in B2B includes the name of the product (the primary key) and its features. Gather all possible combinations of the primary keyword with words that describe your product or service. At the same time, keep in mind that users often do not specify the product in the query but look for its characteristics. Eliminate inappropriate queries with the help of negative keywords.
Step 3. Decide on a bidding strategy
Because B2B has a very narrow audience, coverage is not essential in advertising campaigns. The main task is to show the ads to the target customers, so the strategy "Pay per conversion" is suitable, although, of course, before you switch to it, you need to "teach" your campaign to work on conversions. Therefore, in the beginning, it is recommended to work on Manual strategies or Target shares for impressions.
Step 4. Prepare the landing page
When preparing a resource in a B2B niche, keep in mind the following rules:
- The landing page about goods and services for business should show practical benefits to convince the client to buy your product or service;
- Emphasize the understanding of the benefits: "N years on the market," "worked with N (names of companies," "fulfill orders in N days".
All tools, design, and text should be focused on the DM (decision maker).
- Use social evidence:
1) recognizable logos, reviews of partner companies and customers;
2) certificates, medals, diplomas, letters of thanks;
3) add a block "Press about us" if there are interesting publications in the media.
- Add photos and videos of your results, clickable certificates, use diagrams - all this confirms that you are a serious organization that responsibly fulfills orders.
- Do not overload the perception of ATS with pictures. Carefully structure the information and visualize it with graphs, charts, clipart.
- Make the form of admiration open. The structure of capture is a block where a person will enter their data. In the open state of capture, the reader immediately sees the fields you want to enter data and a button that will pass this information to you.
Use the hypersegmentation method to immediately show the potential customer the necessary information and reduce the time to decide. To do this, for each product or service, combine the keys into groups and place an advertisement for each group. And on the landing page, configure the title substitution depending on the customer's request.
Step 5. Formulate the advertisement correctly
To speed up and simplify the decision-making process in B2B, include as much helpful information as possible in your ad. Here are the usual principles of creating ads for search advertising: a clear headline, solving the customer’s pain points, quick links. You can add terms of cooperation, price, and contacts to the ad .
In general, B2B topics are very complex and diverse. When preparing ads, you do not need to invent anything. It is better to consider the following points:
1) The initial advertising launch is required to identify the target audience, familiarize potential customers with the product, and collect statistics. For example, we use such a funnel.
2) Search ads always and everywhere work well if the semantics are chosen correctly. And, as experience shows, in many cases, the position of the display directly affects the quality of traffic and increases the CR of the site.
Step 6. Set up analytics
Determine what you will consider the target action: a call, filling out a feedback form, etc. Set goals in Google Analytics so that ad systems consider only those actions that are important to you. Analyze input, page views, time spent on them, bounce rates.
General recommendations and conclusions
For contextual advertising in B2B, it is essential to remember the following points:
- It is better to run ads on search while the demand is "hot."
- The product or service for which advertising is launched must have a high margin for campaigns to be cost-effective.
- Only the most precise and targeted semantics will help to collect a small but "hot" traffic.
- Strategies should aim at getting the most conversions.
- Advertisements should give complete information about the offer.
- Clear understanding and segmentation of appropriate advertising directions and targeting strategies:
And make sure to pay attention to the landing page, as even the most attractive advertising will not work if the user clicks on a link to the site, and there are no specifics.